Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Time: 11:45 am check in; 12:00 – 1:00 pm Presentation
Honorable Bradford J. DeMeo, Sonoma County Superior Court
Heather Bussing, Bussing Law
Place: SCBA, 37 Old Courthouse Sq., Ste. 100, Santa Rosa, CA
Cost: $45—SCBA Members; $55—Public; $20—Student (student discount unavailable online; please print registration flyer and submit to SCBA with proof of current enrollment)
MCLE Credit: 1 Unit General MCLE Credit
In this seminar, you will learn:
- The Court’s perspective on what lawyers do right and wrong in their legal writing.
- What happens after your brief is filed, and how the Court arrives at a tentative ruling.
- How to make your legal writing clearer and more effective.
- How to manage evidence, citation and exhibits in briefs.
- How to understand and respond to a tentative ruling for and against your position.
- How to handle oral argument.
- How to write a decent brief, even if you really hate writing.